Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ner Ner Nee Ner Nee Ner Nee Ner Ner.

Well. My folks and I went the fair this evening. We scoped out the animals, the food court and the other people.

People at the fair just behave differently. Some people in the food court literally act like that food is going out of style (not judging - I definitely enjoyed my milkshake). Those same people are generally the ones who have discovered some sort of aphrodisiac in the corn on the cob or the Pronto Pups. They're the ones that don't walk side by side but sandwich style with their free hands in their loved one's pockets. Fair time p.d.a.'s are saucy. Literally. Lots of condiments floating around.

I did not find love in the food court but did meet this little fella in the 4-H barn...

...and I would have taken him home in a heart beat. I tried to scope out the farm boys in the cattle barn but they seemed pretty preoccupied with, what I thought was, the cow parade. Come to find out it was the pre-slaughter auction - that ruined the cattle barn experience.

We walked around until our legs felt like they were going to fold and then called it a night. Thank you, Fair. See you next year.

3 comments:

You Are My Fave said...

I'm not sure the fair barn is a good place to pick up guys. Unless your into Wranglers and Carhartt jackets. And if you are, more power to you.

Jamiedidit said...

Whoa, now. Here in LaGrange, GA, Carhatt is one of the sexiest brands around. Oh my stars, a hot, dirty, hardworking man in a pair of Carhartts will stop my little heart.

I know you agree, Layne. I know about your tractor fetish.

Layne Street said...

Jamie - clearlyyyyyy I love me some Carharts. My Fave - I've been looking for a cowboy (or someone with that type of work ethic) for quite some time...