Sunday, August 2, 2009

Entrepreneurship at it's Finest.

It was a busy day for my family and I on Saturday. After twenty years of service in the US Army, Dad retired. We had a little BBQ for him and it was wonderful.

Amidst the hustle and bustle (i.e. run to the store for extra ice and hot dog buns) - I spot these two boys in their driveway with the world's cutest lemonade/soda pop stand. It was complete with it's own hand-painted sign:

I opted for the buy two sodas get one water free deal. The soda came in cans - the water in a little dixie cup. "You're our first customer." My heart melted. And then I decided to exploit the little salesmen. "So if I'm your first customer, does that mean I can take your picture?" "Yes, sure!" Then he yelled at his brother, "Hey! She wants to take our picture - get over here!" Anything for a paying customer.

"Now, I need you guys to smile big and wave."



No comments: