I think that surveys are like crack cocaine for the little narcissist. I like to fill them out because I like to come up with witty answers to the questions. It's an exercise in thinking fast (or making everyone think you think pretty fast).
Everyone on Facebook has been filling out the "25 Random Things" note and I totally wanted to hop on board. I LOVE stuff like that. I love details, mine and yours. The most minute of details interest me for absolutely no other reason than I can say that I know that about you...and were I ever subpoenaed to testify against you in a court of law, I would have something interesting to say.
With that said, here is my list of 25 random details.
1. I cannot watch ASPCA commercials. Can't DO it.
2. I've been at my job for almost five years. (Sidenote: on the way out of the courthouse today, I was thinking...I could have graduated from college and finished one year of law school by now instead of just working FOR attorneys).
3. I am going to see Little Big Town on February 17th.
4. I used to own two pygmy goats. One named Chip and one named Dale.
5. My favorite line from Top Gun is, "The plaque for the alternates is in the ladies room."
6. I used to love watching American Idol. I do not love watching American Idol anymore - it's lost it's magic. (Sidenote: my all time FAVORITE American Idol contestant was Constantine Maroulis.)
7. I have ordered, completed, mailed back and received results from that "Art Test" commercial on television two times. Both times I was completely oblivious to the fact that they just wanted to sell you higher education.
8. If I am sick, the only thing I really like to eat is mashed potatoes.9. I'm from Idaho and I still am not sure how to spell potatoes. Even now - a little leery about writing this random fact. Dan Quale, you're in good company.
10. I memorize songs in the privacy of my truck and bust them out around my friends like it's no big deal.
11. I LOVE old people.
12. I volunteered to run Bingo on Saturday's at the retirement home.
13. I post random little blogs on laynestreet.blogspot.com.
14. When I was learning how to spell my middle name (Elizabeth) I wanted to legally change it to Elisabeth.
15. I am FASCINATED by design on a dime shows.
16. If I could have lunch with one celebrity, it would be Matthew Perry circa 1997 or so.
17. I am not a morning person (but would REALLY like to be a morning person) and I'm not necessarily a night owl. I'm a noon/afternoon person.
18. I was home schooled for half a year in sixth grade.
19. I foolishly participated in the office football pool this last fall and lost $3 a week consistently for the entire season.
20. My mom and I dressed up to watch the Miss America pageants when I was little.
21. My favorite LOST character is Desmond Hume. (I have a hunch he is going to play a big part this season)
22. Australian schmaustralian.
23. I share Naki's affection for office supplies - mostly notebooks and pens.
24. The tap dancing thing, did you all know about the tap dancing thing? I tap danced.
25. I'd really like to give indoor rock climbing a shot.