Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Senior-itis.

I've been helping out at a retirement facility for the last couple of weeks and I really have enjoyed getting to know most of the residents there. Some of them are so charming that you could just give them eskimo kisses all day long.

These little left overs are from an era where you introduced yourself like this: "Well hello, I'm Betty-Betty Jones. Pleased to meet you." These are the type of people that just OWN their name. They know who they are (most of the time) and they aren't ashamed of it.

I hope that when I get to be a senior citizen that I am one of the polite ones. I have met a few senior citizens over the course of the last few weeks that "have earned the right to be 'particular.'" Does that mean that when you hit a certain age, you outgrow your manners?

Yes. It does.

Manners are for school children and the poor schmucks still climbing the corporate ladder.

Anarchy is saved for retirement.

No comments: