Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Gross-eries.

I made my monthly trip to the store two nights ago. I made the mistake of going after work. When you go after work, you make the decision to go to the store with everyone else in the world. Also, you're probably pretty hungry.

I was hungry. And that produced a cart full of this:
Add Image

1. Ritz Crackers. Something for the Easy Cheese (not pictured) to go on. I didn't know where to find the Easy Cheese at first. I was afraid I was going to have to ask the grocer. "Excuse me, where could I find a can of Easy Cheese?" "Oh, that's on the 'crap you should never put into your body' aisle."

2. Eight packages of Ramen for the budget conscious lunch-eater.

3. The reason I wake up in the morning: Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

4. California Pizza Kitchen pizza. I'm having someone over for dinner on Thursday and I can't cook.

5. Stouffers Spaghetti.

6. Ground turkey - the healthiest item in my cart.

7. Shredded cheese to make the ground turkey taste good.

8. And finally...frozen meatballs. I don't have anything to put with the meatballs. They just sounded good at 5:45 p.m. on an empty stomach. This morning? They don't sound that good.

Maybe next time I'll make a list. I can assure you the decision to buy Easy Cheese was purely on impulse.

1 comment:

T said...

i want you to know, its not just cinnamon toast crunch... its whole grain cinnamon toast crunch... says so on the box. also sprite is made with all natural ingredients... so what if that doesn't mean jack.