Friday, August 21, 2009

Look Out, Craigslist.

I've had the luxury of being home over the last couple weeks. I got busy with my jobs and forgot that I never really finished decorating my little pad. So. Someone flipped a switch in my head and I've gone deco-nuts.

Last night - I looked over at my table and decided I didn't like it so I sold it on Craigslist this afternoon. Now I am looking for what I originally wanted (a 1950's chrome and formica - preferably yellow - set) and won't settle for anything less. Like this:

I also want a new couch. Unfortunately I want this couch:

...I may have to wait a while.

And to go with the sweet couch - I may need this sweet bookcase:

I know it's a lot of red - but the entire apartment is WHITE as white can be and needs a splash of color. I may have come up with an alternative to the white and it involves stretching a some fab-fabric over a homemade frame to cover a big chunk of white wall in my nook/kitchen (it's a studio...you can barely compartmentalize anything).

This is a relatively self-indulgent post. This is what happens when you have a lot of ideas and no money to fund them...

Maybe I'll redecorate my blog? More people see that than my apartment.


1 comment:

Sarah Alaoui said...

argh this is like my college apartment, it's HUGE, and my roommates and I got caught up with school so it's like, half decorated. whenever our friends step in, all they see is a huge white living room with one black couch, facing a coffee table with a tiny TV on top. we have to get cracking on that.