Monday, September 28, 2009

The Sweet Spot.

Saturday was littered with goodness. Grey's Anatomy, conversation and a Jason Mraz concert. See:


At any rate, Saturday's conversation with the Producer has been on my mind a lot. One of the things that we touched on was the type of legacy your life and your life's work will leave. She basically asked me what I want my life to say.

I know - pretty deep for a Saturday.

Generally those types of questions shut me down -they are so important but so broad. This time, though, I was able to answer in the same round-about fashion that I am known for but with a point at the end that I feel pretty comfortable with repeating.

I told her that I'm still developing my message. I'm learning how to connect what I'm experiencing to words so I can share.

I think a part of having a message to share with your community comes from fulfilling the role you were designed for. I believe that you'll recognize your role when you begin to do the things that make you feel the most alive. If you are functioning in that position - the message you were meant to carry with your life should already be present. Developing the discernment to see it and the character to say it with confidence and clarity is all apart of the process.

And that, my friends (hi mom!) is all I've got. Happy Monday.


No comments: