Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Auf Weidersehen, Adieu.

Ja, ich spreche the deutsche.

The departure curb at the airport makes me want to cry. I dropped Curly off this morning and while I was driving away, I passed by everyone's goodbye hugs and was instantly sad. Everyone's circumstances are different, most all goodbyes are temporary. Unfortunately, some are less temporary - those were the ones I thought of this morning.

The circumstances surrounding the last time I chauffeured someone to the airport were sweet and wonderful on one hand and anxious and sort of painful on the other. It marked a season in my life where I had to learn that some intersections are just that - a place where paths cross. Brevity still contains value - there is a reason for everything!




Blah blah blah.

I'd much rather be waiting in the "arrivals" lane.

No comments: