Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saturday Sabbath


Sundays are too busy. Over the last 4 years - Sunday has never been a day of rest for me or the crowd that I run with. Therefore - I value Saturdays. I very rarely make plans on Saturdays because I feel like I've jeopardized my sabbath if I do. Things come up, but generally, I go with my own flow on these days.


Like today. Slept until 8:30 - ate breakfast, fed house-sitting dog, Rudy, and then went back to bed. Got up again at 11 - threw on the swim suit and laid out in the sun. Watered the hoards of flowers at house-sitting house...then washed my truck. Days like these can be as productive as I make them. The thing that makes it my sabbath is that I call the shots. I'm not assertive by any means, so I consider Saturday "assertive practice." Saying, "No...I don't really want to," is a big deal for me.


So amen for Saturday sabbaths. It's not the day that is important - it's the responsibility to take one.


No comments: