Monday, August 11, 2008

Hitting the Books


I have a stack of four books that I'm in the process of reading. They are:

Mudhouse Sabbath - Lauren Winner

Un-Christian - David Kinneman & Gabe Lyons

The Magician's Nephew - C.S. Lewis

The Bible - God

I love having a stack of books to read. I'm horrible at doing much more than looking at the stack, however. I love the concept and I certainly love the fact that when I'm finished with the books, I'll be that much more in touch with history, in touch with a different perception, that much more creative and that much more in touch with God.

My friend Mario is a masterful thinker. He finally told me two weeks ago that his skills didn't arrive overnight. He said he had to work for it.

Oh!

He said that he read. And he studied. He also said that if I wanted to develop some of these skills that I should read and I should study.

Oh!

So here's to self-improvement. I'm hitting the books.

No comments: