Friday, March 5, 2010

Insert High Pitched Screechy Violin Sounds

McWHYBAML bought me a mandolin for my birthday. I am in love with it. I need lessons. So I craigslisted "mandolin lessons" and found a place.

Last night was my first lesson. I could barely find the place. The only building I saw was a meat packing plant. According to mapquest - I was in the right place. I looked a bit closer and discovered a sign with an arrow "Music Lessons THIS WAY."

I pulled around to the back of the building and parked.




A few things went through my mind upon arrival:

1. I found this place on craigslist. People die answering craigslist postings.

2. This 'studio' is on the backside of a meat packing plant. On the other side, I wonder if the sign above the cattle chute says, "greener pastures."

There probably isn't a sign.

3. Is the music I'm hearing from the score to a horror film or the young violin protege in the 'studio?'

Against my better judgement, I decided to proceed. On the other side of the doors was a mother and son sitting on the sofa in the 'foyer.' The son had drum sticks and was still alive - so instantly I felt a bit better. My instructor soon appeared. He's Grizzly Adams' youngest son and plays a mean mandolin.

All's well that ends well...for now.

1 comment:

You Are My Fave said...

Maybe now that you're paying for the lessons they'll have enough for a legit sign. Too funny.