Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"Adventures In Not Dating" by LayneStreet

First of all, a little shout out to my friends at the pet clinic. Your faithful blog support moves me to bigger and better blogs.

Second of all, if I did write a book about the misfortunes of my dating history - it would make you laugh, it would make you cry, make you roll your eyes but mostly - it would make you throw up in your mouth a little.

One of the chapters would be entitled, "Long Distance Magnet." Whenever I meet somebody here in my hometown, they are inevitably just passing through - never local. It leads me to believe one of two things: 1. There is something in the water here - manners and work ethic are killed off early (at least in the 24-35 age bracket). 2. I have a sign on my forehead that says, "If you're leaving in two days, let's go ahead and establish a relationship."

Because of the sheer volume of out-of-towners I've met, it's more funny than sad to me. I'd really appreciate it, though, if you guys out there (Hi Mom!) would feel sorry for me.

Thanks.

Also, a little snap shot from "Adventures in Nannying."



Hot stuff doesn't begin to cover it.



P.S. The next post will be post # 100!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha how you cute is that little thing! And by the way! your blog cracks me up!

Jamiedidit said...

I have this theory that there is a inverse ration to LDR's. The longer the distance, the less chance the relationship has. The Todd works during the week in Atlanta and is only home on (most) weekends. It's going well, but I am worried about what would happen should we move back in full time if we relocated to be in a common place. I love the man, but I might have to kill him.

Anonymous said...

i could probably give your long distance record a challenge. it is truly sad.