Monday, March 23, 2009

And I Don't Care Who Knows It!

Sometimes when I eat beef jerky it reminds me of the time when I made a survival kit and hid it in the woods behind our house.

When we lived in Florence, Montana I had it good. I had a horse (Rusty) and a few acres of a scene straight out of Heidi for a backyard. I had a clubhouse in the barn (with no club...) and a fort in the trees complete with the aforementioned survival kit.

The kit was stocked with beef jerky, an old pill bottle filled with water, candy hearts and I'm pretty sure there was some string cheese.

The survival kit went the way of my savings account...gradual withdrawals. I would head out there when I wanted a snack or for "surviving practice"- to make sure I could open the childproof water container without any trouble.

I wish LOST was more like my backyard...more about the surviving on a deserted, non-fully stocked island and less about "when are we?" I guess that is what Man vs. Wild and the Swiss Family Robinson are for.

P.S. I'm still totally bent on having a tree house someday.
P.P.S. SWF seeks SWM to build her a tree house.

No comments: