Saturday, January 9, 2010

Pot Roast Update: What a Crock!

I'm proud to say that my pot roast has been in the crock pot since 12:30 this afternoon. I don't know when it is going to be edible. But. It smells good...at least better than it did when the smoke detector went off during the meat searing process. I think that thing is too sensitive - there wasn't that much smoke.

I can see why people make this kind of a meal on weekdays while they are gone. You can't just stay home while those smells are wafting about your home. So I went shopping.

While I was shopping, I ran into a local celebrity. He's my favorite weatherman and it was almost unreal to see him in person. The shock comes not from simply being in his presence but from realizing that the man is a certifiable giant. Huge. He's huge. AND! Heat must rise because he was wearing shorts. It's not like he didn't know it was going to be freezing cold today. That or they just don't make pants that long. Poor guy.

I should have invited him over for some pot roast. It will be done in another two and a half hours I think.

1 comment:

You Are My Fave said...

So how did it turn out? My pot roast is never as good as my moms.