Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Now I...had the time of my li-i-ife."

It's one of those days where I take stock of what I actually have and what I am involved with and my conclusion: I'm happy.


On a totally morbid, less happy note - equally as meaningful...here's what we're putting on my tombstone:

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Maybe just the program for the service, but what I am trying to say is that I would like Emerson's description of success to be a part of my footprint on this big rock.


1 comment:

Jamiedidit said...

Love, love, love it. Don't you like those moments when you realize, "Hey, this is great! I'm perfectly content!" I wish they would come more often and last longer. Whenever I have one, I immediately think "You know, this would be even better if....." ;)