Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Wink of the Car Salesman

Here I am in the waiting room of my preferred Ford dealer. My little SUV is undergoing the first oil change of it's life since I adopted it.

My observation over the course of the last few minutes is this: there is power, power, wonder working power in the wink of a car salesman. A brief mention of another dealer's policy regarding a free oil change? Wink! Done. "I'm sorry it's so dirty! I meant to get it washed beforehand." Wink! Done.

He is even offering me 50 smackers if I send someone his way.

Granted, sometimes a wink from a salesman can mean absolutely nothing (other than, 'I'm about to steal your money'). In my very fortunate case, it means "I'm going to work really hard for your business."

Thanks, preferred Ford dealer.

Signed,

Satisfied Customer


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: