Thursday, February 3, 2011

To Love and Be Loved

..is to feel the sunshine on both sides.


In little kitty's case, the sun is mostly just right there in her face - but I'm pretty sure she feels the love.

Either that, or this will be the author photo on the back of her book jacket - the book that she will write after she escapes from her domesticated oppression.

An excerpt? Ok...

Day 678:

Here I sit, blinded by the sunshine that is magnified by these studio apartment windows. I can barely move as I have constant access to the 'food' the witch puts out for me. "Are you hungry, little kitty witty moo moo" she'll coo at me. That stuff won't cure the hunger but the chewing gives me something to do.

I belong out there...with those squirrels. With the feral cats. With the free cats...I'm developing a plan.

I imagine it would be something like that.

No comments: