Thursday, July 23, 2009

Home Again, Home Again...

...jiggity jig.

My thirteen consecutive days of housesitting came to an end on Wednesday morning. I slept in my own bed last night and it was b-e-a-u-tiful.

I wish I could tell my neighbors (as if they care) that I'm a housesitter and not a 'lady of the night.' Some of them only see me when I'm coming home in the mornings in my pajamas. Not that I'd be earning a lot of money as a 'lady of the night' in my blue scrub pants and ratty old t-shirts...but still.

I'm not that kind of girl.

However, I did hit a different kind of low in my housesitting adventures last Thursday. Did I mention I was double booked for four of the thirteen days? Well...on Thursday I was running from house #2 to house #1. I get to the door of house #1 and realized I grabbed the keys to house #2. I ran back to the truck and grabbed house #1 keys. Instead of swapping keys 2 for 1, I swapped keys 1 for my truck keys - threw them in the truck and locked the door. Confusing? Just know I grabbed the right set of keys and in the process, locked my truck keys inside my truck.

I nanny on Thursdays. I also locked my phone inside my truck. I had no idea what I was going to do. Couldn't call nanny-boss to let her know I was running late. Then I saw them. House #1's spare keys to the little red car out front. I had no choice...I stole the car.

I started it up and as I was pulling away from the house realized what was happening. I was stealing (technically borrowing) a car. It was hot outside anyway, but I was sweating bullets.

All's well that ends well I guess. Mommy dearest brought me my spare key and I did NOT crash the car I stole. I told the car's owner what I had done, and if he weren't the nicest man on the face of the Earth, I probably would be blogging from the big house right now.

You can imagine how happy I am to have a break and to be back home for a while. And. If you can't imagine how excited the Diva was to have me home, here is a snap shot that captured her delight.


No comments: