Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fur. The Love.

I knew what I was in for when I sat down to watch Marley and Me this evening. My dear friend, the Stylist, is the kind of friend that I can cry in front of. The unfortunate, fightin' hard to hold it in, chin quivering kind of crying. The type of crying that, if confronted with, "Oh my gosh - you're crying?" counters with a laugh that shakes something loose to make you cry a little harder.

I can't watch movies like Homeward Bound, The Horse Whisperer, Milo and Otis...animals have a way of sending me into sobs like nothing else.

Marley and Me was certainly no exception.

For me, the story highlights the choice that animal people make. They knowingly assume care of a life that will most certainly end while still in their care. It's either crazy or worth the heartache that comes with having to say goodbye; life lost is loss no matter the species. It's big hearted to love something so temporary.

Therefore. I still stand by my thought that animal people are the best type of people.

No comments: