Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Type Of Day You Dream About

Sincerely, I just lived that type of day.

First of all, my Bu Bu declared today some sort of holiday in my honor. It was around 10:00 this morning when I saw his FB post. My eyes welled up with tears and I felt incredibly special from thousands and thousands of miles away.

We laughed most of the day. My co-workers and I were giddy with anticipation over an awards ceremony which we were all attending later in the day. The awards ceremony was in honor of the top ten best places to work in the state. We were honored to be in the top ten. The winners were to be announced later at the ceremony.

People sent me sweet notes all day to let me know that they loved and appreciated me.

Flowers fresh from the middle east arrived around 3:30 this afternoon. The flowers marked week number two and only fifty more weeks to go until the man comes home for good. Talk about sending someone over the top. What a sweet thing to see come through the doors.

Then we made it to the awards ceremony. We waited as the countdown begin. We weren't in tenth place, ninth, eighth...so forth. We were voted BEST place to work in the state. We screamed. We cried. We laughed about how we screamed and cried. First place.

It was a magical day and I have my sweet boyfriend, my workplace and Jesus to thank for it. My heart was flooded with all kinds of love and happiness today - so much so that I didn't know what to do with all of it. Everyone deserves a day like today.

I am a lucky, lucky, lucky girl.

3 comments:

Justin and Samantha said...

Glad to see your day went over the top perfect! Congrats on working at the best place in Boise!! :)

Love ya

Tara McArthur said...

This makes me happy!

Gabby Malcuit said...

Yay!